Giving Thanks

I often wonder what it would still be like if I would still be living in Illinois. If I would have missed out on all the special moments with my family and friends here. If I didn't have my dear close church family. All the times I spend coloring with larae, or playing the marble game with the bros, or teaching the kiddoes school, or our crazy cousin trips, and I could seriously go on and on! But happy news, I don't hafta worry bout not living at home! And I could never ever be so thankful for this! Granted, I very much enjoyed my time in Illinois and I know God had me there for a reason, and am blessed to have very many dear wonderful friends out there whom I miss dearly!  But especially I am so grateful and thankful to be with my most amazing family for the holidays! It's such a wonderful time of the year! I have so incredibly many reasons to be thankful! Most of all for my Savior, because without Him I probably wouldn't be writing this!  He is so Great and Awesome!

 
On Thanksgiving morning we had our 2nd annual Edelman Turkey waddle, it was such a beautiful morning at the lake. Completely still and perfect.

During school one day, found jenna reading like this. Apparently her feet were cold?!
 
::giving spelling tests::


 
Family evening spent like this! {perfection}



 
Last weekend us girl cousins whom are all bridesmaids took my dear sister to downtown KC for her bachelorette party. Twas an eventful couple days, ending with lots n lots of laughs, embarrassing moments, and lots more memories!

 
(please excuse the sideways picture :/)
I just love going outside and watching the magnificent miracle of a brand new day dawning! 
 
 
So I have a thankful list that I started probably about 2+ years ago, and I'm currently at 1,595. I write 3 things every night, something different everyday. Some blessing or small piece of thankfulness in that day. It has been such a blessing to me. There have been few days I have missed it, and when I do I just feel like something is missing! I suppose that is a good thing, because I have slacking in giving thanks to a God who is so worthy of it! Yes, there are many different ways to give and show thanks and everyone has there own way of doing things, but it is So very important that we do! And I feel so ashamed when I'm thumping my pen on my notebook because I can't think of anything I was thankful for in that day! I mean seriously, me, among all people and so blessed!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes

Back in Kansas | week 1

Tribute to Richard