Changes

Yup big changes! I'm moving...to Fairbury, Illinois, in less than a month. Who would have ever thought? Definitely was not in my plans to be doing, or ever doing! But God had a different plan in mind, and I know its a greater plan than I could have ever come up with. But if it would have been my choice, Illinois would have been definitely not on the top of my list. Don't get me wrong I love the people, but it's just a little to fast paced for me, has no dirt roads or even gravel for that matter, and there's lots n lots of people and towns and houses! :) A little different from what I'm used to here in Bern, Kansas! But I'm getting more excited. It's going to be a big adjustment tho. I'm gonna miss my dear, crazy, awesome, maybe a little odd at times, Family so much! And my wonderful friends, whom I will dearly miss! But don't worry I will be home a lot!....I think! :) And the big open spaces where you can't see anything or anyone for miles around, except the green grass, timber and blue sky. And last but not least, my dear faithful cows. Now that I've got  a good herd started, and recently bought some....oh well, I'm sure they will get taken care of good!
But the good thing is I'll be working on a dairy farm with some great people, Paul and Carmen Kilgus. Super excited about it, only its a jersey dairy, not holsteins! And I have amazing friends out there who will be a big encouragement to me, I sure! :)

So some of you are wanting to know how it all came about! Honestly it all happened so fast--in 4 days-- no kidding! But I have no doubt this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing. So the last weekend in April I traveled up to Wolcott, IN for the sister heart singing, (which btw was wonderful, I would definitely  go again!) with Leah Gerber, and then we had dropped  a friend off in Fairbury. So on the way home we were going to pick up Ulista, and we wanted ice cream, so I was like hey, I know were we can get some really good kind. So we go out to Kilgus's and get ice cream. And then Paul and Carmen were telling me that they were going to be needing some help, because one of there employes was leaving. So I was like, haha nice thought but no thanks! I'm not moving to IL, don't want to and never plan too! Well....! Then on the way home Leah goes, you know, you should really consider that. And I'm like they were just joking, besides if I do consider it nothing would become of it anyway. But little did she know, it was about all I could think about the whole way home and all of Sunday night. So after we get home and situated, I was still stewing about the thought. So I was like ok, this won't ever become of anything, But God I'll give it to You and, You direct me. So as I was opening my Bible that night, it opened in Hebrews 6. And my eyes fell on the word 'leaving' and then on to 'let us go on'. And I'm like ok I was just thinking about IL and my Bible just happened to open up here. So I read on and in verse 3 it says 'And this we will do, if God permit'. Whoa!! Well God more than likely will not permit this...time to go to bed! ;) So Monday rolls around and again I just cant get it off my mind, so I text Paul and ask him if they are honestly, seriously, really looking for someone and if I really should be considering/praying about this. And yes they were. So we talked a little, and he proceeds to say that 'wow this is a huge answer to my prayers, we have been looking for someone for a long time and they had just been talking, because they didn't know what they were going to do if they didn't find anyone! But He told me to definitely pray and seek Gods direction first.  I was like ok this is just a little strange!!! Everything seems to be going in the same direction to move me to IL! So at that point I had kinda gave up trying to get things to make me stay home. Tuesday I talked a long while with mom and dad and we all just felt good about it, but I felt like I just needed one more thing to lean on and then I'll know. You know maybe in a week or so I'll know. But no! Wednesday morning comes and I was open up our family devotional we always read in the morning and the title of the devotion was 'Launch out into the deep'. And I was like yyeaahhh.....that's a very good clue! And then farther down in the devotion it read 'We all come to similar places in life. Having done everything in our power, we ask "which way do I turn, Lord?" If we "launch out into the deep," the Lord may answer in a way that leaves us gasping in astonishment.' And after I read that I knew what I was supposed to do. And it felt so good to know what I'm supposed to be doing. I am always gone to work before the rest of my family is up, or in from chores,  but I knew as soon as they'd read it they would be like oh my. Dad said as soon he read it he was like 'uhoh'! ;) So yeah, thats kinda the story!
But I'm getting more excited now, I think it's going to be a good experience for me. And I'm thankful God has a much better plan for my life! He is so GOOD!

Because of Jesus,
Leigha

Comments

  1. Leigha!!! Thanks sooo much for posting. :) wow! This blows me away. So glad you have such a strong faith and trust. God will bless you for that. Super excited for you to come. We will have to find you one of our rare gravel roads. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so incredible! We'll be happy to have you here and although it's hard to leave your home, God will be with you! Love in Jesus, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sniff, sniff, Tootles!! Where has my little chubby faced cuddly niece gone to??? I am thankful for you, but just hardly ready to face reality that my nieces and daughters are getting to the stage in life where they will "Launch into the deep!" As we know, God is in control and has a great Plan, and I am glad to see you following His will!! Please let the longing of the gravel roads and endless sky draw you back home often!! Love ya lots, my one and only Tootles!! ~ Aunt Marci

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already thought of a couple IL gravel roads to introduce you too. And even a big hill (we will try to forget that its really a landfill! ha!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back in Kansas | week 1

Tribute to Richard