Week 1 | Uganda

Good morning from Uganda! It has been a week since the start of this new adventure. But I arrived on the Ugandan soil late Tuesday night. It has been a week of adjustments and new adventures. This past week I have been staying with Ronnie & Ritah Nalera and their sweet family. They are the founders and directors of Global Hands of Hope. We will be heading out to Bukeka where GHoH is located in a few hours. There is a guest house just a short distance from the compound and that is where I will be living. To say I'm excited to be finally heading out there would be an understatement.

Heading out! So thankful these 2 wonderful people have joined me for a while, it will be sad to see them go Thursday morning. It is always nice to have someone to travel with. 
 The equator is not far from Kampala. So we decided to go check it out. But everything depends on traffic around here if you can get somewhere quicker than other times.   
 I guess I had forgot exactly what happens at the equator. But it is quite mind blowing. The detail of our God never ceases to amaze me! If you have forgot about it too, go look it up! How when your on the North side water does one thing and on the South side it does another thing, and on the line it stands still. 



We got the chance to visit the Ugandan martyr's shrine/museum. Such a real and humbling experience. Persecution that happened not long ago in such a devastating way. It made me ponder  some very personal questions. 

It has been a good slow week, a week of many thoughts and ponderings, adjusting to many things, finding new normals, etc. God has been so good in bringing this far. And I can't thank you all enough for all the prayers, texts, emails, etc. It has been an interesting week, the first couple days of travel were a bit hard...knowing I wont see my family and friends for 7 months. But I am excited to be here and see how God will use me in this capacity. It is so beautiful here and the weather has been warm and sunny.  

That is all for now, I hope to keep this updated weekly on what has been going on this side and give you all a glimpse into my life on the red dirt. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes

Back in Kansas | week 1

Tribute to Richard