Week 22 | Uganda

What?! How is it 22 weeks/5 months since I've been in this beautiful country? Its been a pretty slow week this side, and since most everyone is gone visiting their families we've been taking it easy these days. So I don't have to much of an update, but thought I'd get back on track with my weekly blogging. 

It's been about a year since I really felt like I was being called to move to Uganda for 7 months. It's crazy to think how fast God worked and how he has led me this year. 2019 will be a year that will never be forgotten and I believe it has grown me more into the person God wants me to be.  

If I could some up 2019 in 1 word I think it would be 'filled'. 
  • filled with this message from the Father that He was leading me to serve in Africa for a time
  • filled with excitement and anticipation in coming to Uganda and to see what God had in store
  • being here and for the first couple months feeling empty, only to find that I was being filled
  • filled by so many prayers and thoughts from home 
  • filled to overflowing with so much love for and from my people here in Uganda
  • eyes filled with tears on many occasions for many different reasons
  • filled with awe and confidence of Ephesians 1 that God is and has been completing His purpose in me & through me 
  • my heart filled with so much thankfulness to see how God has changed me and other people along the way 
  • filled with so so many memories that I never thought I'd experience 
  • filled up many notebooks and Bible pages with notes and things I don't want to forget
  • filled with this vision for the new year that God is going to continue to do big and mighty things through and among His Church
Praying that we can all be so filled with Jesus that our lives would radiate His love and Joy. 
  •  
Our road to the guesthouse. 


Everyone else might be gone, but we still got our brother Eli to hangout with. And I'm pretty sure we've added years onto his life with all the laughter that's been happening.


Medina & Gift 


Saturday afternoon helping friends wash their clothes

If anyone cares to know, when we return home, Haylie and I will probably be living very simply in a small small house, doing laundry by hand, cooking over a small stove, with no power or running water, and growing our own food. ;) 


Part of my Christmas gift that made it all the way to me from home was some sunflower seeds, and I along with Shamirah are trying to patiently wait for them to sprout. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes

Tribute to Richard

Back in Kansas | week 1