Week 13 | Uganda

As I sit here reflecting on week 13, enjoying the relaxing Saturday listening to the birds chirp and watching the sun shine in the windows of the guesthouse, the song "friend of God is playing in the background. And I just had this overwhelming sense of love and peace flow through me. The lyrics just popped out at me as I was wondering what to type in the post. I don't feel like a lot happened this week and so I didn't think I'd have much to say but God knows how to speak to a person at the right time and when we're least expecting it. 

"Who am I that You are mindful of me
that You hear me when I call
Is it true that You are thinking of me
How You love me its amazing"

I know that these words are talking about the Father, but I find them so true in my earthly relationships right now as well. I feel undeserving of the thoughts, prayers, unless love & encouragement people have poured into me while being in Uganda. From surprise packages & letters, emails, and text messages.  Its amazing to be part of the family of God and experience the many blessings He gives us through relationships. 
I don't know if you've ever taken time to just stop and get lost in the awesome wonder how much you are loved by the people in your life and if you think thats overwhelming add the Fathers love for us on top of that and its enough to drive you to your knees in tears. And I feel so undeserving.


Evening over Suubi. School is out, dinner is cooking, Master Willie bidding the children good evening, and its not raining. 


My plantain progress. The patience is real people, I thought it was going to be ready 2 months ago and I'm still waiting. But I've been told that it will be ready to eat for sure in 1 month. 


Most the week was spent weeding again. One of the staff ladies taking a break to eat a chapati and have some porridge. I love to just sit with them and listen to the constant chatter and laughter as they rattle off in Luganda. They all do such a good job of trying to teach me and are probably getting irritated with me because I'm not learning so fast. 


The kids always are there to greet me when I arrive and see me off. 


Last Friday of the month special meal! The got rice, beef, and mashed matooke. 


My sweet Susan turned 11 this week and she got her purple cake she wished for. 


And little Raymond got a cake for his birthday too. 


My little rows aren't so little any more and got a fresh weeding and a little nitrogen this morning! 


I chose to walk to school this morning because I hadn't for quite a while and it was a beautiful morning, but mostly because my car is pretty well out of fuel. Walking in the village means stopping to say hello to everyone you know along the way as well. And I've now gotten to know the people pretty well so there was lots of hellos and byes happening and being invited to your friends compound for "just a couple minuets". But I snapped a picture of this cute little pineapple along the way. Bukeka is known for its pineapples and there are a number of fields around. From what I understand that take several years to grow. But they are oh so delicious. There are a few things that aren't even worth eating in the States after you've tried them here; they are pineapples, bananas, mangoes & sweet potatoes. There is this type of sweet potato that they grow here that if you put and butter, salt or pepper on it you'll ruin it. Its quite delicious!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Richard

Back in Kansas | week 1

Changes