Looking beyond...

Sitting here on the couch, watching and listening to my siblings do their school work and the lil sis sitting on by me reading books, my heart  is filled with such happiness! Sometimes I don't think I could be any happier! I am oh so blessed! Get up in the morning, hear the bros go outside to do chores, go up stairs and see Amanda off to work, make the breakfast and do laundry. The parents and bros come in, we eat and do devotions and sing. Then we go downstairs to start the days school work. And that brings me up to where I am right now, giving spelling test, reading with Jenna, Larae poking me trying to show me something in her book, and attempting to keep them in their respective desks and not bothering one another! So I try to get them in trouble without smiling, but I end up doing so, and it usually ends up in a laughing match. And then trying to blog at the same time! Then we take a break and turn on some music and dance around and sing, and act crazy. And times like this I wish would never end. But all good things must come to an end. And I wish everyday would be like this, but some aren't.   Sometimes I think I've gone crazy, and there are days when I could just move back to Illinois. But at the end of the day I couldn't be more thankful! He is Faithful! God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!
And this kinda brings me up to what the title of the post, Looking beyond.
This is something that has been on my mind for a long time. I'm not sure why, maybe its because I struggle with it, or something I desire, I don't know, but its an interesting subject. And totally directed towards me!
And by it I don't mean that we need to look ahead and plan out our lives, but to look beyond our little world and 'look up', and realize that there's so many people out there who need you and me to reach out to them and lift up their arms! And it doesn't mean just those who are in poverty, but also those who are struggling spiritually. Especially to those in the body of Christ!
And also to look beyond, because what if there's something that we've missed, or what if there was someone who was looking for someone to have a cup of coffee with, or just needed to talk. There's people right in front of us all the time! And yes, I will need to step out of my comfort zone and it might not be the best time, and whatnot. But who said being a Christian is going to be easy? But I will say its very rewarding, and the stuff we have to suffer for here is not even worthy to be compared to what Heaven will be like!

That's all I have time for now, perhaps I'll do a 2nd post on the subject.
In Christ, Leigha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes

Back in Kansas | week 1

Tribute to Richard